I’ve finally managed to work some more on perhaps my largest project to date, the wonderful Rocket! He has both legs and one arm now.
He’s coming along so well. I completely removed both his arms and did them all over again because his feet and legs turned out so much better than the first version of his arms and I needed them to match.
I think this is one of the most important things when working on a new freehand work, you have to be willing to completely unravel and start over again.
I’m hopeful I’ll be able to finish the second arm and start on his jumpsuit before Halloween!
Finally found a way to #crochet Rocket’s foot in a way I find satisfactory. I must have continuously unravelled and redone this sucker at least fifteen times in the past week and a half. On to the calves and knees, let’s hope those turn out to be easier!
I’ve finally been working on this project again! I’m not sure if I like his facial expression, but at least he’s got a face now. Here’s hoping I can actually finish the project before NineWorlds starts!
Over the weekend I finally finished my dragon scale cloak! Pictures will follow eventually, it’s a huge beast and hard to photograph.
However, I also finished these beauties:
I used the same yarn that I used for the cloak (Bernat Mosaic in Envy, unfortunately discontinued) and may release patterns for both eventually. Definitely planning to, but that cloak is such a huge project!
Getting back to creating crochet items feels really good though. I hope to make more time for it next year!