I’ve finally been working on this project again! I’m not sure if I like his facial expression, but at least he’s got a face now. Here’s hoping I can actually finish the project before NineWorlds starts!
Over the weekend I finally finished my dragon scale cloak! Pictures will follow eventually, it’s a huge beast and hard to photograph.
However, I also finished these beauties:
I used the same yarn that I used for the cloak (Bernat Mosaic in Envy, unfortunately discontinued) and may release patterns for both eventually. Definitely planning to, but that cloak is such a huge project!
Getting back to creating crochet items feels really good though. I hope to make more time for it next year!
So, I finally got to take Vera out for a cosplay appearance when I went to NineWorlds GeekFest recently. By the way, if you have any way of making it happen, GO TO NINEWORLDS NEXT YEAR! Best convention ever, this was my second year attending and it was brilliant.
But, this post is about Vera/Jayne, so here we go.
Vera was very well received and I got a lot of compliments for her crochet goodness. Unfortunately I was too busy having way too much fun to take any decent pictures at the convention, but here are a few others have taken:
If you happen to have any photos of yourself or me holding Vera, do send them my way so I can add them here!
She’s done! She’s done!
It’s been a good 80 hrs of work (possibly more, I’m not very good at keeping track) but she’s finally done!
She’s so cuddly and pretty and huge, I love her!
She’s completely crocheted without a pattern, filled with upholstery foam and wooden dowels for stability as well as ceramic baking beads for weight balance. She’s quite heavy for a crocheted item, but still light enough to tote around all day.
I’ve started working on Jayne’s knife and will also crochet his handgun and holster and belt pockets. Hoping to get it all done before August for NineWorlds Geek Fest!
I am six bullets and a strap away from completing Vera! She’s turning out gorgeous and I am super proud of it already. Almost there, almost there!
She’s reinforced with wooden dowels, weighted with ceramic baking beads (to balance the shorter end with the longer, bulkier front) and filled with upholstery foam.
I have the cargo trousers and shirt ready to go as well, so the costume is getting towards completion. I would like to try to crochet the holders, gun, knife and gloves as well if I can get them done in time.
Here’s hoping! 😀