I did it! I finally finished the star afghan I have been working on for months! I am so excited that it is finally done and at the same time I want to start an other one already because I’m so happy with how it came out.
I also finished another dragon scarf! I actually finished it a few weeks back, but never got around to washing, ironing and photographing it. Finally got all of that done today and uploaded the cute guy to Etsy. And here he is in his full glory (more photos on Etsy):
And now, back to crocheting more viking hats. I have all baby and child sizes done, working on adult right now and will also include an adult XL version for all those bigheads out there! So, I think I can finish the last two this week and then I have to start making horns for all of them… yup, haven’t made the horns yet… But anyway, after that is done, I can write out the pattern and have it tested! I’m really hoping I can get my pattern updated with all sizes for May.
So, I have been working on an Afghan… it started as a silly idea to use up leftover yarns but then I realized that I am too picky to just work any color into it and went and bought more yarns of the colors that I thought worked really well together.
I’ve tried a different start afghan pattern before but ended up frogging the whole thing because it started buckling way too much for my liking. The second pattern I’m working with now, with some personal changes of course, is working much better and the result is laying quite flat so far.
The pattern was only for a five star blanket, but I added in one increase in points already and will add at least one more to avoid having too much of a difference between points and valleys.
But for the weekend I will go back to working on my dragon pattern. I might actually finish it this weekend and be able to start the testing phase soon! Here’s hoping. 😀