Well, that’s more like it…

Rocket has arms! Two of them!


Now on to the tail. I hope I can make him stand up and balance with his tail, but as he’s getting quite heavy, I’m not super hopeful. We shall see!


More weaponry!

Now that Vera is done, I am working on the smaller pieces for my Jayne cosplay. The knife is all finished.


And the handgun is about halfway done!


We’re getting there! Just a few more pieces to finish.
I also started working on the Wonderwoman top for Wayne’s costume. So I’m keeping quite busy.

I finally finished my crochet Vera!

She’s done! She’s done!
It’s been a good 80 hrs of work (possibly more, I’m not very good at keeping track) but she’s finally done!
She’s so cuddly and pretty and huge, I love her!


She’s completely crocheted without a pattern, filled with upholstery foam and wooden dowels for stability as well as ceramic baking beads for weight balance. She’s quite heavy for a crocheted item, but still light enough to tote around all day.
I’ve started working on Jayne’s knife and will also crochet his handgun and holster and belt pockets. Hoping to get it all done before August for NineWorlds Geek Fest!

Six bullets and a strap

I am six bullets and a strap away from completing Vera! She’s turning out gorgeous and I am super proud of it already. Almost there, almost there!


She’s reinforced with wooden dowels, weighted with ceramic baking beads (to balance the shorter end with the longer, bulkier front) and filled with upholstery foam.
I have the cargo trousers and shirt ready to go as well, so the costume is getting towards completion. I would like to try to crochet the holders, gun, knife and gloves as well if I can get them done in time.
Here’s hoping! 😀

Vera update

I finally made some time to work on Vera again! It’s been way too long.


She’s coming along nicely. I used a 9mm dowel to reinforce the body and the grip for better stability.
Here’s to hoping I can finish her soon as I have a long list of cosplays I want to finish this year! 😀

I’m all ears!

I’m currently working on a set of ears for my upcoming Miss Piggy cosplay. I played around with foam, fabric and latex and didn’t like any of the results, so back to crochet it is!


If there’s any interest, I may publish the pattern for the ears and nose as I am writing everything down as I go along.
I never did take detail pictures of the Loki horns and sceptre that I crocheted last year, have to remember doing that at some point.