I have been thinking about making myself a dancing baby Groot for a while, but I want him to be functional and haven’t quite worked out how yet, though someone is working on looking into Arduino options for me. However, today I ran into this free crochet pattern and thought I’d share with all of you!
It’s very rudimentary, but I have the basic body finished, everything else will be built on top of this. Unfortunately I ran out of black yarn, so I’ll have to work on the decorative bits and piecew until I stock up again.
I’m using upholstery foam for the filling for the first time, I’m hoping it’s more stable than polyfil and holds the shape better. It seems to be working well so far, we’ll see how it goes once all the bits and pieces are added.
I’m currently working on a set of ears for my upcoming Miss Piggy cosplay. I played around with foam, fabric and latex and didn’t like any of the results, so back to crochet it is!
If there’s any interest, I may publish the pattern for the ears and nose as I am writing everything down as I go along.
I never did take detail pictures of the Loki horns and sceptre that I crocheted last year, have to remember doing that at some point.
Finished another amigurumi! This time it’s the mighty Thor. 😀
[singlepic id=281 w=800 h=900 float=none]
My mom asked me to make her a Thor doll to cuddle, so I did.
I am now officially settled in London, UK. The move went well, still waiting for a few boxes to come from Canada (especially the ones that have my yarn in them) but I’m already feeling quite at home here. Having lots of fun, meeting new awesome people and enjoying the city tremendously.
I’ve been working on another new pattern lately. This time it’s for an amigurumi style dress-up doll. I’ve completed a few dolls and am somewhat happy with the pattern, though I will probably change the limbs and body before I finalize the patterns since I’d like the doll to be able to stand up on their own, which they can’t really do yet. So there’s still work to be done. However, I’ve finished five base dolls and have clothed three of them so far. I will finish the other two before re-working the body and limb patterns into something I might be more happy with.
So far I’ve made dolls for the two boys I used to nanny (twins, four years old now) and for a friend’s friend who is struggling with some medical issues right now.
I have two more base dolls ready to go, just need to decide what to do with them. I have a few ideas. 😀